Sunday, September 4, 2011

I finally found another one!

What is this you say.......
The golf clubs are drink swizzle sticks and on the side is a cork screw. My Grandma and Grandpa had one of these and we all played with it as kids. When it was time for the estate sale of their belongings my brother Bill and I were bidding on it without knowing we were bidding against each other. I won. The only way I could feel better about this win was to find another one. Several years ago I made amends with my brother when I gifted one to him for a present. I now have found one for my sister Julie. My search is complete. Isn't it funny how little silly sentimental things like this are more important then the big expensive piece of furniture that you inherited. It is all in the happy memories!

2 comments:

  1. That is so awesome....and the memories associated with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! I'm glad you were successful in your search.

    ReplyDelete